Cumilla is an ancient town of indian subcontinent. Once upon a time it was the part of Tripura. in 1965 a branch of Pakistan Medical Association was established in Cumilla. At that time the branch office was at Rajgonj ( 1st floor of present Maya Bhandar). it was the vested property of Mr. hari Saha Roy Chowdhury. Later doctors left that house due to some legal problems. After our liberation war Cumilla branch of Bangladesh Medical Association (BMA) was established. in 1981 Cumilla BMA office was shifted of the present location of Ramghat. It is also a vested property. Cumilla BMA was always in frontline of any national crisis. Cumilla BMA played dyamic role during our liberation war democratic movements and in different natural calamities. As a responsible professional organization Cumilla BMA was alwys beside it's members in any adverse situation. In 1989 only 64 doctors were member of Cumilla BMA. Now we have more than 1500 members.